Monday, September 5, 2011

Denim Purse


After a few weeks, I am finally able to post this blog! haha

This small Denim purse can actually be made from any scrap material. 
Here, I used my old tattered Denim Pants and cut it into two different pieces. I'm sorry I don't have pictures of how I cut both the ribbon and purse. But all you need is a little bit of imagination when you cut and make both pieces. Just make sure it's the size and shape that YOU want.





To stitch the inner portion, it would be helpful if you have a sewing machine. 





 So turn on the sewing machine, and let it run from the upper most part...


 ...till the corners. It really doesn't have to be perfect since it cannot be seen when you flip it back.




And for the flap of the purse, just take half an inch and fold it inwards. Then sew using a sewing machine. Again, it doesn't have to be perfect. But if you're a perfectionist, then you may fold it twice so that the ragged portions will not be seen.


So here is how it looks from the outside. 


 Lastly, sew the ribbon on. 


And you're FINISHED!


For a more innovative style, try making a handle or sling according to your liking. But I prefer a more hand-held type.

Enjoy craft making! :)